[cma-l] Streaming

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Fri Apr 9 14:23:57 BST 2010

Hi Bruce

On 9 April 2010 14:04, Bruce Rodger <bruce at celticmusicradio.net> wrote:

>> We think that ALISA represents a quantum leap forward for internet
>> broadcasters and we believe that Canstream is the only streaming
>> provider in the world that can currently offer this facility (well,
>> we've not seen anyone else doing it!).
>>
>> Please contact the office for a 7-day free trial: 0114 279 5219
>
> Sounds great.

It's awesome :o)

> Do you have more details and costs?

Details: you'd best have a free trial as it's quicker than trying to
explain it.  Will get you set up later today.

Costs: £10/month or £100/year plus VAT with costs for the Listen Again
facility on top.

> In particular, how does the licensing work?

Licensing arrangements are down to the individual stations that wish to podcast.

> My understanding was that
> we could only put speech-based or live recordings on a listen-again
> site; if we want to put a generic show onto listen-again, we have
> to edit it down to remove any prerecorded tracks.

There is a music podcasting licence available from PRS for Music:

http://is.gd/blA3t

We're getting a free trial of ALISA sorted out for you now.

> Bruce.

Best regards

Bill
http://photo365.commedia.org.uk