[cma-l] Continued Support for Community Radio Stations and the All The Voices Campaign

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Sep 17 10:41:20 BST 2009

Pat Ramsey, SDLP Member of the Legislative Assembly in Northern
Ireland, has given his support to the allthevoices campaign calling
for increased funding for community radio stations.

He said:

“I have signed the petition asking the British Government to increase
funding for local community radio stations.

“Community radios stations bring a great service to local people and
have been described by the telecoms regulator OFCOM as “one of the
great UK broadcasting success stories in the last few years".

"But local radio stations are restricted, in law, in the percentage of
revenue they can get from advertising. Government is committed to
co-funding local community radio stations but the level of funding is
totally inadequate and community radio stations are struggling.

“Given the service they give to their communities, I hope Government
will agree to increase the funding to community radio.”

[Source: http://patramseymla.blogspot.com/2009/09/sdlp-pat-ramsey-mla-support-for.html]

And Future Radio in Norwich gets a good mention of the allthevoices
campaign into the Norwich Evening News:

http://tr.im/yWun

There is barely a week to go and the campaign has achieved nearly
2,900 signatures so far.   Let's get it to 3,000 by the end of the
week and much further by the close of the petition next week.

We can do it!

\\

Support community radio, sign the petition!
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/allthevoices/