[cma-l] rivendell

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Fri Oct 30 16:37:17 GMT 2009

Hi Tony

No copies here of Rivendell but I can continue to ask and look around.

Their website here - http://www.rivendellaudio.org/ - suggests that
"the web site will be back VERY SOON and the ftp site, mail lists and
cvs repositories will follow shortly thereafter" but who knows how
long that will be.

There might be some useful content listed here:

http://ross.sourceforge.net/

And here:

http://sound.condorow.net/

But, ah wait, here is an Ubuntu repository that claims to have it:

http://debian.tryphon.org/

We've checked out the above and Rivendell is indeed there:

rivendell
    1.2.2-1ubuntu1/i386, 1.2.2-1ubuntu1/amd64

You will need to update your /etc/apt/sources.list file according to
your Ubuntu/debian release using the information here:

http://debian.tryphon.org/

The repository is signed with a package key - to use this key in your
apt client do:

wget -q -O - http://debian.tryphon.org/release.asc | sudo apt-key add -

Then run:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install rivendell

No probs ;o)

Any issues in doing this, we'll be happy to remotely access your
machine and input the above commands.

Best of luck!

Bill
--