[cma-l] England only: ALW Awards - nominate online!

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Nov 30 17:50:40 GMT 2009

Online nomination system now available!

If you know extraordinary and inspiring adult learners and want to
give them the recognition they deserve, nominate them for an Adult
Learners' Week Award. The awards recognise outstanding adults who have
transformed their lives through learning.

There are four main award categories:

* Individuals
* Groups
* Families
* Opening Doors (projects)

Nominations may also be eligible for additional special awards,
sponsored by a raft of prestigious organisations, so make sure you
check the additional awards section of the form:

http://www.niace.org.uk/alw/nominations/default.htm

Making the process even easier, you can now nominate online:

http://www.niace.org.uk/alw/nominations/default.htm

The forms are short and simple to complete, and they are also
available to download in PDF and Word formats:

http://www.alw.org.uk/nominate

Everyone nominated for an award will receive a certificate of
achievement. The winners will receive a learning voucher valued
between £200 and £1,500.

"The feeling of winning an award was wonderful and made me realise
that I must not underestimate my ability to achieve more". (Richard
Stacey, 2009 Adult Learners' Week Award Winner)

To read the stories of last year's winners, visit the Adult Learners'
Week website:

http://www.niace.org.uk/alw/2010/public/winners2009.htm

All award categories are open to learners living in England only. Read
the guidance notes and eligibility criteria:

http://www.niace.org.uk/alw/nominations/guidance-notes.htm
http://www.niace.org.uk/alw/nominations/eligibility.htm

For more information about the awards, visit
http://www.alw.org.uk/nominate, email alw at niace.org.uk or contact the
Campaigns and Promotions team at NIACE on 0116 2044200.

\\