[cma-l] LSC Capital Grant 09-10 - Apply Now! £2.5K-£15K available

Chinese Radio London Huayu londonhuayu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:11:48 GMT 2009

>From what I can see you need to be an "online centre".. which is a bit
vague. I phoned them, and they said there isn't actually a definition of
what an online centre is. But you do need to be one. You can register and
become one, apart from it looks like you need to have registered by 13th
Nov.

Would be very interested to hear if anyone has information to the
contrary...

Peter Vautier
London Chinese Radio

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:56 PM, CMA-L <cma-l at commedia.org.uk> wrote:

> !!! Deadline 20th November 2009 - APPLY NOW, UK-wide !!!
>
> The LSC has made capital funding available during 2009/10 for both new
> and existing UK online centres.
>
> The proposal focuses only on capital equipment needed, to support
> delivery of the entitlement to Digital Life Skills in UK online
> centres; supporting the most vulnerable people in society.
>
> The funding will be targeted to support activity in two key areas namely:
>
> * Where there is a clear need and digital exclusion in the most
> deprived areas of the country, with no existing UK online centres
> coverage.
>
> * Where there is a need to update an existing centre (loss of function
> and/or access due to frequent technical failure) or to kit out a new
> centre in an area where there is some digital exclusion/limited
> access, in the most deprived areas of the country.
>
> Grants of between £2,500 and £15,000 will be available, the amount of
> money awarded will be decided upon with reference to the submitted
> application.
>
> All monies awarded to successful bids have to be spent before 31 March
> 2010.
>
> More:  https://www.helpisathand.org.uk/index.php/lsc-capital-grant-09-10
>
> \\
>
> Community Media Association
> --
> http://www.commedia.org.uk/
> http://twitter.com/community_media

I raise money for London Huayu (Charity Number 1117147) just by using
www.everyclick.com instead of Google.
www.everyclick.com is an internet search engine with a big difference - it
donates half its revenues to charity, please support them too!