[cma-l] Event 27 November - have your say on the Make Media Centre in Salford

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Mon Nov 9 10:20:38 GMT 2009

Dear all

The Community Media Association, Radio Regen, Creative Industries in
Salford,and the Media Trust are working together on an exciting project
to transform the role of our sector as 'Digital Britain' becomes a
reality, with support from Salford City Council and the NWDA

The 'Make Media Centre' at Media City in Salford will build the
sustainability of the sector, create new services for it to deliver, provide
radio, television and digital media production facilities, prove impact
of the sector's work and hold major events.  It's got through its first
stage of funding bid from the NWDA so there's now a real chance for you
- as members of the community media sector - to influence what we'll do
with the project.

So - if you're based in the NW of England, in the North as a whole or
even further afield and like the sound of this, could you keep Friday
November 27th free?

We're having a get-together for the sector and other interested parties
at the Lowry Centre - a fun and free day to do a bit of future gazing
about what your organisation could be doing in two or three years time -
and how working together could really raise your game.

Slightly cryptic I know but there'll be full details on the web site
[when it's up] complete with an explanatory video and online booking.

So do keep the day free if you can - and we'll have a proper invite out
to you next week.

Best wishes

Jaqui
--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities