[cma-l] BBC case studies

Stevensuttie at aol.com Stevensuttie at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 10:55:36 GMT 2009

Dear Phil,

We have a splendid relationship with the BBC here at Salford City Radio.

BBC Radio Manchester offer our volunteers 6 X 1 month work  experience
placements per year - this provides great motivation to our most  ambitious
presenters and raises their aspirations tremendously.

BBC Radio 5 Live currently provide us with "a manager a month." This is a
new initiative where a senior manager spends the day at our studios
learning about community radio and offering tips and advice. These managers are
responsible for press, marketing, scheduling, website, station  sound, sport,
news, and we are looking forward to the controller himself  spending the day
at our place and learning a bit about radio at the opposite end  of the
spectrum!

This is all thanks to the BBC Radio 5 Live move up north, of course!

I hope this is of some use. Good luck

Kindest  Regards
Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City  Radio
office 0161 793 2939
mobile 07772 355 852
WINNERS - Community Award - Salford Business Awards  2009
Visit our Website _www.salfordcityradio.org_
(http://www.salfordcityradio.org/listen.asx)