[cma-l] Prison radio at the Sonys

Phil Korbel phil.korbel at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 12:56:26 BST 2009

Hi all

Just wanted to congratulate the Prison Radio Association for their
excellent showing at the Sony's

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/may/11/sony-radio-awards-brixton-prison

If ever there was a clarion call to the community radio sector to put
their best into the Sony's then this is it - 'real' heartfelt stories
that mainstream radio just cant hope to touch - isn't that what we do?

I know the entry fees are steep for our stations but when put in the
context of last night's results, and the real chance of a good showing
then it's worth looking at.  I know that I will.

[Disclosure: I sit on the Sony Awards Committee but the above is very
much in my capacity as a community radio licence holder]

bests

Phil
--
Phil Korbel
Director

Radio Regen is a community, media and urban regeneration charity
A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No.
3753832

Registered office: 12 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 1JF
Registered Charity No. 1077763

http://www.radioregen.org
http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net