[cma-l] Radio player application for iPhone/iPod Touch

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Fri May 1 13:40:54 BST 2009

Hi Clive

There are a number of apps currently available that will play Internet
radio on the Android and iPhone platforms including:

Streamfurious:  http://www.androidtapp.com/streamfurious/

Tuner2: http://appshopper.com/music/tuner2

The above two apps will permit you to listen to any station
broadcasting on the Internet from an iPhone or Google Android phone.

Users of Nokia S60 Smartphones may download this app for free:

http://europe.nokia.com/explore-services/music/internet-and-fm-radio/internet-radio

Stations wishing to register for the Nokia Internet Radio Directory
may do so here:

https://irbcast.nokia.com/nmds/index.action

Whilst the CMA currently has no spare capacity to develop applications
for mobile devices we do have contact with a number of developers of
whom we have asked to consider doing this sort of work for the
community media sector on a pro bono basis.

Best regards

Bill
--
Technical Manager