[cma-l] "Best of" community radio...

Olly Benson ollybenson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:39:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

We've got our kick off meeting for Borehamwood FM in a fortnight and as
well as people who are interested in helping out we've got some funders
and VIPs coming (including the Mayor).

I'd quite like to hit them with some great audio; but obviously not
having a radio station means we don't have any audio of our own (save
for my feeble attempts). So I was wondering whether there is a 'best of'
community radio? A two/three minute audio carnival of noise reflecting
the amazing things that we can produce when we get it right.

Does such a thing exist and if not, although I might regret saying this,
I don't mind putting something together (and then sharing it with
others). I envisage clips not more than 15" to give it some pace.

If it doesn't exist, then I'll welcome contributions - something that
will make somebody who's never experienced community radio really
excited about the concept. Please send me hi-qual *edited* clips.

Cheers,

Olly