[cma-l] Radio training info request from Skillset

jaqui devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jun 22 10:10:52 BST 2009

Dear all

Please find below questions from Skillset re their future work -
please respond if you can, and if possible copy me in so I can take
your views to the next meeting which will be in September

Best wishes

Jaqui, CMA

Dear Radio Skills Council

Good to see you all earlier and thanks for your thoughtful
contributions to the meeting.  Further to the Skillset update I’d be
grateful if you could respond to the following:

 To inform our work in developing a range of professional short
courses that count towards postgraduate qualifications - please send
details of:
o        any radio training providers that you’re aware of – this
could include existing in-house training schemes.

o        subject areas where training is most needed – sales,
leadership and management, business development have already been
highlighted.

Train to Gain – invitation to meet with skills broker to find out
about training and potential funding:

 o        Skillset is working with Train to Gain to support
development of the service and to highlight the benefits it can offer
to the creative media industries.  If you would like to find out more
about the service and how it might support your business please let me
know and we’ll set up a visit.  A visit would involve Skillset
together with a Train to Gain Skills broker spending an hour or so at
your company to discuss your skills development needs and the broker
would then source suitable training and explore potential funding to
support the cost of that training.  These initial visits will provide
valuable case studies to inform further development of Train to Gain
as a service.  The attached briefing paper (circulated at the meeting)
explains further.

Progression routes into and through the industry

 o        Julie Hadwin is working on a progression map of routes into
and through the industry.  She would like to add a few anecdotes to
illustrate real-life career experiences.  Please could you confirm
that you’re happy for me to pass your contact details on to Julie so
that she can follow this up.

Many thanks

Amy.

Amy Thomas
Radio Manager

Skillset | Screen West Midlands | 9 Regent Place | Birmingham | B1 3NJ
T: 0121 265 7140 | M: 07855 378640 | F: 0121 265 7180 | E:
amyt at skillset.org | W: www.skillset.org

How is the recession affecting your creative media business?
Skillset wants to act quickly to meet the needs of creative media
employers in these turbulent times
Please take a few minutes as soon as possible to give us your views as
an employer OR as a trade organisation

For all careers enquiries visit www.skillset.org/careers or call the
Skillset Careers Helpline on 08080 300 900 (England and Northern
Ireland), 0808 100 8094 (Scotland) or 0800 0121 815 (Wales).