[cma-l] Bumper selection of funding for VCS organisations

Chinese Radio London Huayu londonhuayu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:45:00 BST 2009

Hi,
Don't know if anyone is aware of this, but V-inspire are offering to double
your money for any youth projects you are doing. This means that if you do a
youth project and get, say £10,000 from a funder for that youth project (it
has to be a project where youths are volunteering), then they will give you
another 10k. They are trying to encourage youth volunteering.

Hope that's useful for you. I know a lot of you have 16-25's volunteering
for you...

Best,

Peter Vautier
London Chinese Radio

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:18 PM, CMA-L <cma-l at commedia.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We've been collecting a few funding news items so there's something
> here for everyone:
>
> 1) Unltd Advantage
> Unltd Advantage has been launched to help social enterprises access
> the right type of investment for growth.
>
> UnLtd Advantage has 3 main goals:
>
>    * To bring high potential social enterprises to investment
> readiness to enable them to access the finance they require
>
>    * To help social investors identify high potential opportunities
> more effectively
>
>    * To build a more efficient capital market for the social enterprise
> sector.
>
> For full guidance and information visit the Unltd Advantage website here:
>
> http://unltd.org.uk/template.php?ID=177&PageName=unltdadvantage
>

> 2) Volunteering Programmes from Office of the Third Sector
> The Office of the Third Sector (OTS) has announced three new
> programmes to boost volunteering.
>
> Between 2009 and 2011 the Office of the Third Sector will be investing
> £6.6 million in three new volunteering programmes.
>
> The first two programmes follow commitments made in response to the
> recommendations of the 2008 Commission on the Future of Volunteering.
> The programmes are:
>
>    * Access to Volunteering – A £2 million pilot fund to reduce
> barriers to disabled people volunteering and explore the feasibility
> of a national Access to Volunteering fund. The delivery organisation
> has not been announced.
>
>    * Volunteer Managers training – A £3 million programme that will
> provide support to volunteer managers to ensure that volunteers are
> well managed and that they get the best possible experience from
> volunteering. This programme will be delivered by CapacityBuilders.
>
> In addition a third, £1.6 million programme will contribute to
> building a volunteering legacy for the London 2012 Olympic and
> Paralympic Games. This will include a new gateway to enable people
> inspired to volunteer by the Games to find local volunteering
> opportunities, and a team of development workers to help volunteering
> organisations across England become involved in creating a
> volunteering legacy for the Games. This programme will be run by
> Youthnet and Volunteering England. It will link to a new v programme
> to galvanize young people to get involved in volunteering using the
> inspiration of the 2012 Games.
>
> More information here:
>

> http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/third_sector/news/news_stories/090512_volunteering.aspx
>

> 3) The Big Family Idea
> This is a competition from National Family Week and the Big Lottery
> Fund about improving family life.  The Big Lottery Fund will provide
> £150,000 to help make the winning idea a reality.
>
> There are no restrictions on the size of the idea, the more ambitious
> the better, whether it improves family life in your street or
> revolutionises life for families throughout the UK, National Family
> [...]

I raise money for London Huayu (Charity Number 1117147) just by using
www.everyclick.com instead of Google.
www.everyclick.com is an internet search engine with a big difference - it
donates half its revenues to charity, please support them too!