[cma-l] Community Radio & Digital Radio Switchover

Julian Mellor julian at 10radio.org
Thu Jul 23 11:19:57 BST 2009

To me Darren hits the nail on the head.

The big broadcasters will define what most people think of as radio.
When they buy a new radio they won't be interested in DAB/FM or
whatever, they'll just want what works.  They'll then have one
attempt at finding their Community FM station on their DAB radio,
they'll fail, and they'll promptly forget all about us.  Community
radio will become akin to citizens band radio and even be ridiculed
in the same way (rubber duck).  Digital apartheid, here we come!

Julian

--
Direct line: 01984 623 104

10Radio: community radio for the 10 parishes
105.3fm
http://www.10radio.org

West St
Wiveliscombe
Somerset
TA4 2JP

Main tel: 01984 624 137

10Radio CIC
Registered Office: 1 Croft Cottage, West St, Wiveliscombe, Somerset, TA4 2JP
Registered in England and Wales Number: 6004252