[cma-l] Portable Recorders

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jan 5 16:56:16 GMT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: 10Radio <info at 10radio.org>

The setup of the machine may be your problem.  The 'mono' socket is
the one to use if you are only using one mic.  If you have two mics,
then you should use both sockets (but you can't control the gain of
each mic independently).  Set up your preset on the machine: turn on,
press 'menu store'  use 'track jump' to select which preset you are
setting up - press 'enter' to select,  then scroll through the options
unti you come to 'rec channel'.  Select mono or stereo, press 'enter'
to select, then 'menu store to save.

In any case, if you use one mic - I normally use a Beyer M58 or a
shotgun mic if I'm a long way from the sound source (a boundary is
also incredibly useful at times) - then, if you open a stereo wave in
your editing programme (I use Cool Edit Pro), the software will
convert the mono signal to stereo.

Voila!

PM me if I can help further.

Regards,