[cma-l] Own Language broadcasting - air checks

Phil Gibbons phil at bcfm.org.uk
Thu Dec 10 12:19:03 GMT 2009

An offer of mutually beneficial help here:

I would like to set up a network of own language broadcasters/shows that can do the odd 'air check' for other station's shows of the same language. We have not had a problem yet, but need to put in place a system that would offer impartial quality control of non English shows. We use other people at the station on an 'ad-hoc' basis but would like to firm up the safety net and also make it totally impartial. Would it be possible for us as a sector to have a database of foreign language speakers so we could use the system to get a show checked in return for their show being checked for non broadcastable material? This can be done via the podcasts or FTP servers.
As a start, we would offer to check shows in the languages we broadcast in:
Somali,
Spanish,
Farsi,
Punjabi,
Guajarati,
Polish,
Arabic,
Chinese,
Mandarin,

This could also act as a good way to share ideas and possible content.

You check mine and I'll check yours!

Sounds simple doesn't it?

Any thoughts?

Phil

Phil Gibbons - Station Manager
phil at bcfm.org.uk

Bristol's Community radio station - Your voice - Your choice!
93.2fm in Bristol
Online at: www.bcfm.org.uk

0560 1126659 - Office
0117 9553721 - Studio