[cma-l] Fwd: Nominate your Digital Hero to receive £5000

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Sun Aug 30 18:43:24 BST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Citizens Online <marketing at citizensonline.org.uk>

*<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30789418&msgid=403981&act=P45V&c=278511&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talktalk.co.uk%2Fdigitalheroes>
*

*Nominate your Digital Hero and they could win £5,000 towards their
charitable project*

The TalkTalk Digital Heroes Awards, in conjunction with Citizens Online, are
looking for 12 Digital Heroes, one from each region of the UK .

Just like last year’s Innovation in the Community Awards, we are continuing
to support those who are using the internet and digital technology to bring
about positive social change and improve the lives of people in their
communities. Only this year the awards are bigger and the focus is on the
individual. Hidden away in charities and local community groups across the
UK are countless unsung Digital Heroes doing outstanding work.

*Who is your Digital Hero?.. You can even nominate yourself!*

They will receive £5,000 to put towards new and existing digital
projects and get free broadband from TalkTalk for 18 months. One Hero will
be selected by our celebrity judging panel to receive a grand prize of
£10,000. All awards will be presented at a grand ceremony in London in
November.

*Do you know someone special?*

Maybe a project worker who motivates and inspires young people through
creative and innovative use of digtal media; or a volunteer supporting
elderly computer learners with patience and understanding; perhaps a
sheltered housing manager who works tirelessly to bring the internet into
the lives of the residents.

*Don’t leave it too late. Deadline for entries is September 11th.*

You can find out more information on the awards and how to enter at:
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30789418&msgid=403981&act=P45V&c=278511&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talktalk.co.uk%2Fdigitalheroes>
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/digitalheroes<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30789418&msgid=403981&act=P45V&c=278511&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talktalk.co.uk%2Fdigitalheroes>

*One of TalkTalk’s award donation in 2008  went to Iain Rennie Hospice at
Home to purchase laptops for their nurses: “Before we had these laptops, the
only way we could  access patient information was by using the computers in
our offices  Now I can familiarise myself with a patient’s  records before
making a visit, wherever I happen to be, and update the records  immediately
afterwards, meaning our patients are now better supported.” Michelle
Gedling, Iain Rennie Hospice at Home.*