[cma-l] International Project - Australian Community tv

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Tue Aug 11 11:26:03 BST 2009

Message from Channel 31 Adelaide - do contact them if you want to get
involved!

Hi,

Channel 31 Adelaide is embarking on the most ambitious community TV
project ever attempted.  We plan to pool the resources of 12 community
TV stations across the world to produce a 90 minute movie featuring
"The Traveller".   The Traveller will begin his quest in Adelaide and
travel to 12 different cities meeting a Guide who will give him a clue
and tell him where to travel next.

We hope to broadcast the completed movie on as many Community TV
stations across the world as possible. This Broadcast will take place
on an agreed time and date ie.  Sunday January 10th 2010 at 7.30 pm
creating a rolling world wide broadcast starting in New Zealand - and
finishing in North America/Canada.

As we don't have the financial resources to physically send "The
Traveller" around the world, twelve community tv stations are needed
to each produce their own segment with the Camera acting as the
Traveller's eyes.   Segment duration minimum 4 minutes maximum 6 minutes.

Please find attached a word document with further details about this
project and a registration form.
There are two options - producing a segment and broadcasting the
project, or joining the broadcasting the project.

A website with the completed FIRST SEGMENT for viewing is currently
under construction.  Each Station will also be encouraged to hold a
"Broadcast Party" on the night of the screening and send via email a
photo of the party for upload to the website.
It is our aim to create an international alliance of Community TV
stations, I can already tell from the positive responses I have
received so far that we all share a love of Community Broadcasting.

I have established contact with: Sweden, New Zealand, USA, South
Africa, Germany, Spain, Norway, Ireland and the UK if you have any
contacts for any other stations in your country or in other countries
please forward me their details or forward on this email and its
attachments.

Australia has 5 community tv stations, already giving the project 4.5
million viewers, with each channel that signs up more viewers are
added - making it quite possible to broadcast this celebration of
community TV to millions of people around the world.

Please feel free to contact me via email or skype (slamonto) with any
questions you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you,

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities