[cma-l] URGENT! Managers / Leaders in community radio - FREE CASH

Stevensuttie at aol.com Stevensuttie at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 14:15:28 BST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to the innovative and hard graft of Steve Buckley and Karl Hartland,
 we have all been given an incredible and exclusive opportunity to make a
case  for greater funding via the
_http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/allthevoices/_ (http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/allthevoices/)  petition.

Unfortunately, after 2 weeks of this petition being live, and countless
e-mails and messages... theres a lacklustre response - in fact just 650 people
 have bothered to sign the petition.

This is a national campaign designed to help YOUR radio station, not "a
save our village post office" petition.

I'm pleased to see that at least 50% of our team at Salford have  signed
up. I'm still pushing it to those that havent.

Before we start thinking of how to increase the petition numbers AFTER all
practitioners, volunteers and first hand beneficiaries have signed up...
can we  all take 15 minutes to get this sorted and promoted amongst our own
teams?

It really is just a case of e-mailing your volunteers and service  users to
tell them how important it is that we all sign the petition. Its  not
difficult at all.

Heres the link _http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/allthevoices/_
(http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/allthevoices/)

*The free cash surely comes later...

IMPORTANT NOTE

If this figure stays so pitiful - it will have an awful  and detrimental
effect on the whole sector - the total opposite of what it  was designed for.

COME ON GUYS... ITS WORTH 15 MINUTES OUT OF OUR BUSY DAY ISNT IT?

Lets march together!

Kindest  Regards
Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City  Radio
office 0161 793 2939
mobile 07772 355 852
WINNERS - Community Award - Salford Business Awards  2009
Visit our Website _www.salfordcityradio.org_
(http://www.salfordcityradio.org/listen.asx)