[cma-l] FW: Minister for Policing at Reprezent tomorrow

Shane Carey shane at eclectic-productions.co.uk
Wed Aug 5 14:06:51 BST 2009

Dear all.

Reprezent Youth Radio in South East London is hosting a youth panel discussion at 2pm tomorrow (Thurs), with MP David Hanson, Minister for Policing. This is in response to the governments 'Youth Crime Action Plan' first year review. Last year, the government committed £100m to the plan in response to rising levels of violent youth crime - have things changed for the better one year on?

We would like to feed in voxpops from community radio around the country (late notice I know!), asking young people:

'Has there been a change for the better in your area in the last year?'

Ideally, the young person would say their name and where they're from, and a brief answer.

It would be great if any stations could get this together before 1pm Thurs, and send it as an MP3.

Our aim is to further establish community radio as a useful gateway/ forum for decision makers and young people.

The show will be streamed live on Thursday at 2pm on www.reprezent.org.uk <http://www.reprezent.org.uk/>  , available on demand at 6pm, and featured on ITN London Tonight at 6.30pm and 10.30pm

all the best, Shane

www.eclectic-productions.co.uk <http://www.eclectic-productions.co.uk/>