[cma-l] Proposed changes to Copyright Exemptions in respect of Music Licensing

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 11:31:12 BST 2008

Nick

I'd disagree with part of your proposition Nick and so will the
Royalties Agencies.

Because you are a Not-for-Profit organisation doesn't mean you derive no
benefit from playing copyright music.

They will say that you are capable of enhancing your income by
increasing your audience by playing music and that audience then spends
more with your advertisers and hence you can spend more before reaching
your break-even point.

Hence your audience figures are relevant but there is no possible way of
determining them of course!

Ian Hickling
Transplan UK