[cma-l] National Community Radio Day / Week

bruce bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Thu Sep 18 19:37:01 BST 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Steven Suttie wrote:

> Its National Talking Newspaper week currently, so I thought it might be
> an idea to emulate so that our community radio sector can get some
> additional publicity? You get "National I wear Glasses Week" and so on,
> so why not Community Radio Week?

That's funny, we were just discussing something very similar the
other day, and were wondering if somewhere in Whitehall there is a
"National Day/Week Czar" who allots these things...

"Hmmm - so you want to have a National Community Radio Week... Let's see...
we could give you the second week in September, but that clashes with National
Artificial Leg Week, and National Dandruff Weekend."

But seriously, yes, good idea - anything that raises awareness can't be bad!

Bruce.

--
Bruce Rodger
Celtic Music Radio