[cma-l] Fwd: Radio 1812 is Back!

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Oct 30 16:15:44 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Rene Plaetevoet <rene at december18.net>

Brussels, 29 October 2008

Radio 1812 is Back!

This year, Radio1812 does not wait until International Migrants Day to
get started. We just launched our new site where you will find
exciting content which you can use in your programming.

A team from December 18 is in Manila where the second edition of the
Global Forum on Migration and Development is taking place. Two
journalists from Germany and Italy will prepare interviews and reports
from this international event. These audio reports are available from
the new Radio 1812 site and can be downloaded and used for
re-broadcasting.

We encourage all of you to visit the new site at
http://www.radio1812.net and to take part in the third edition of
Radio 1812 and celebrate International Migrants Day on the 18th of
December.

For any further questions, please contact the Radio 1812 team at
radio1812 at december18.net

***Note***

Radio 1812 is a global event that brings together migrant groups and
radios from around the world to produce, broadcast and share
programmes celebrating the achievements and highlighting the concerns
of migrants worldwide. The first edition of Radio 1812 took place in
2006 and brought together over 50 radio stations in more than 25
countries. Last year, the event was even more successful. In total 152
radio stations from 34 countries in 4 continents participated, ranging
from community radio stations to national and international public
broadcasters.

René Plaetevoet
Director December 18
Coordinator Radio 1812/2008