[cma-l] Digital Mentors: linl to DCLG's page

Salvatore Scifo salvatore.scifo at communitymedia.eu
Wed Oct 29 15:24:24 GMT 2008

Dear all,
following up Julian's e-mail I attach the link and the content of DCLG'
s page below

Best,

Salvo
Source:
http://www.communities.gov.uk/communities/communityempowerment/whatweare/digitalmentors/tenderinivation/

Digital Mentors: An Invitation to Tender

Communities and Local Government are seeking bids from individual
organisations and consortia which have community engagement and media
literacy training experience. We envisage the lead organisation as
coming from the community and voluntary sector or the commercial sector
where there are demonstrable strong community links. Local government
partners may also be interested.

The successful bidder will be in a co-ordination role, helping shape and
lay the foundations for a sustainable and scalable national initiative.
The co-ordinator will identify and support a variety of demonstrator
projects which can most benefit from access to 'Digital Mentors'.

More information about our current thinking on the co-ordination role,
the role of digital mentors and demonstrator project selection framework
can be found in the Expression of Interest form below.

You may also be interested in the forum we have opened to further debate
and develop this initiative.

Next steps

The Department will be hosting a workshop on 19 November 2008, 3-5pm for
those interested in tendering. This will be at the Department for
Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, 1 Victoria Street, London
SW1H 0ET.

Please confirm your attendance by contacting Varian Kellar on 020 7944
5713 or Varian.Kellar at communities.gsi.gov.uk and ask for an expenses
claim form if you are from a voluntary or community sector organisation.

Organisations wishing to be considered for the tender should submit a
completed Expression of Interest form by 5pm, 24 November 2008 to:

Varian Kellar
Regeneration, performance and digital inclusion
Local Government & Regeneration Group
Communities & Local Government
3/G10, Eland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5DU

Or email Varian.Kellar at communities.gsi.gov.uk