[cma-l] $5 Million for Your Idea: deadline 01/11/08

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 27 10:32:59 GMT 2008

Hi

Yes, the Knight News Challenge is based in the US but anyone can apply.

>From their FAQ's (http://www.newschallenge.org/questions.html):

> Who can enter?
>
> Anyone, anywhere , from a high school student in Beijing to a business executive in New York.
>
> This competition is open to nonprofits, companies or individuals of any age
> and anywhere in the world. The question is not who you are, but what kind
> of idea you have.

There are three rules to follow to apply to the 2008-09 Knight News Challenge:

   1. Use or create digital, open-source technology as the code base.
   2. Serve the public interest.
   3. Benefit one or more specific geographic communities.

Application Deadline is 1st November. Please follow this link for more
information:

http://www.newschallenge.org/

Best regards

Bill Best