[cma-l] Celtic Music Radio wins business startup award

bruce bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Wed Oct 8 12:36:27 BST 2008

Congratulations to the team at Bristol...

Talking of awards, Celtic Music Radio got one last month - "Best
Social Enterprise Start-Up". From a 12th September press release:

"
Deputy First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, MSP, today welcomed news
that DSL Business Finance, a not-for-profit business support agency
which was set-up with cash from the Body Shop 15 years ago, has
helped more than 600 businesses across Glasgow and the West of
Scotland to create 2,000 jobs by providing investment of 7 million
since 1993.

....snip...

To mark the anniversary Ms Sturgeon, MSP for Govan, also presented
awards to two of DSL's best clients. .... Celtic Music Radio, the
UK's first radio station dedicated to celtic and folk music, based
in Glasgow, was awarded Best Social Enterprise Start-Up

....snip...

Bob McWilliam, Director and founder of Celtic Music Radio, a community
radio station which can be found on the airwaves around the Glasgow
area at 1530AM and on-line at http://www.celticmusicradio.net added
'We are delighted to receive this award. Celtic Music Radio was
launched in January this year, with a loan from DSL in order to
give Scottish culture, music, artists and performers who have
difficulty breaking into established radio an opportunity to reach
a worldwide audience. Apart from Glasgow area listeners on 1530AM,
we have a growing number listeners as far away as the USA and
Australia who listen Online regularly.

We are also committed to broadcasting on other digital platforms
and supporting new musical and artistic talent. We will be broadcasting
live from the Merchant City Festival from September 25th-28th
showcasing new singers and bands. Although we are run by volunteers
we are committed to passing on our broadcasting and business skills
so we provide training for music, media and creative industry
students.'
"

Any other awards out there?
Bruce.