[cma-l] Communications, Technology and Broadcasting Minister - QUOTES

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 13:18:56 BST 2008

Dear all

Stephen Carter has been confirmed as the new Communications, Technology
and Broadcasting Minister.
Quotes on the appointment from Stephen Carter and Andy Burnham below:

*Stephen Carter* said:
?Given the global financial challenges, the communications sector has
never been more important to our economy. This role is an opportunity to
make a contribution to the growth of this key sector, and I look forward
to working closely with Peter Mandelson and Andy Burnham.?

Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport* Andy Burnham*, said:
"I very much welcome Stephen Carter's appointment today as
Communications, Technology and Broadcasting minister. Stephen is an
expert in this field and his appointment as a joint minister with the
Department for Business comes at a crucial time in the Government's work
on the future of public service broadcasting and the development of the
communications sector more broadly.

?Bringing in such a significant figure at this time shows just how
seriously the Government takes the future of broadcasting and the
communications sector in the UK. As I said last week at the Royal
Television Society, there is now a real urgency to take the key
decisions that will secure high quality public service broadcasting the
future. I will be working closely with Stephen on this and I will be
setting out the way forward in the new year."

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities