[cma-l] AMARC: "More Women on the Move" Special report

Salvatore Scifo salvatore.scifo at communitymedia.eu
Thu Nov 27 12:14:03 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: rene at december18.net
To: amarc-europe-members at lists.amarc.org
Sent: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:03:03 +0100
Subject: [Amarc-europe-members] "More Women on the Move" Special report

Brussels,

Radio 1812
/ 2008 Edition

More Women
on the Move – Special Package

On the
occasion of the “16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence Campaign” we
are releasing a package of audio reports dealing with the issue of
female migration.

More and
more women are on the move, representing
already half of the migrants worldwide. They are often targets of discrimination, abuse and other
forms of violence. This is why female migrant workers need special protection.

Listen to
our reports and rebroadcast them! One is about the feminization of migration and
another one brings you women migrant stories. We also offer an in-depth
interview with Leila Rispens-Noel, who works with Oxfam Novib in the
Netherlands on migration and
development projects.

La migración se”feminiza” (report in
Spanish)
Les difficultés d’émigrer (report in
French)
“Vulnerable Migrant Women” (Interview with Leila
Rispens-Noel, in English)

These
reports were prepared for Radio 1812 by Caroline Ausserer and Ruth
Reichstein.

For any
further questions, please contact the Radio 1812 team at radio1812 at december18.net

René
Plaetevoet
Coordinator
Radio 1812
rene at december18.net

 ***Note***
Radio 1812 is a global event
that brings together migrant groups
and radios from around the world to produce, broadcast and share programmes
celebrating the achievements and highlighting the concerns of migrants
worldwide. The first edition of Radio
1812 took place in 2006 and brought together over 50 radio stations in more than
25 countries. Last year, the event was even more successful. In total 152 radio
stations from 34 countries in 4 continents participated, ranging from community
radio stations to national and international public broadcasters.