[cma-l] Celtic Music Radio - St Andrew's Day

bruce bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Thu Nov 20 20:59:38 GMT 2008

Celtic Music Radio - St Andrew's Day programming

On Sunday 30 November, St Andrew's Day, Celtic Music Radio is
planning a special event - a 24-hour live broadcast, from midnight
to midnight, featuring "100% Scottish" material - Scottish music
(traditional and contemporary), Scottish artists and performers,
Scottish studio guests, Scottish culture, and Scottish
anything-else-we-can-think-of!  We'll have live music and guests
in the studio throughout the day, with prizes every hour.

We've had some discussions with the Guinness records people - you may see
our name in the book next year!

We've already got some well-known names on the guest list, and hope
to have many more by the time we broadcast.

Do you want to be part of this? We're inviting other like-minded
broadcasters to contribute a short "voice-drop" - perhaps 1 minute
long, basically saying "hello", who you are and where you broadcast
to, and telling us a little about your programming, with a
"Scotland/Scottish" theme if possible. We're happy for it to contain
your own branding and idents, as long as it is more of a "hello/greeting"
than an advert. So if your station has a traditional or folk music show, please
pass this message on to the presenter.

If you're interested in contributing something please get in touch
- bruce at celticmusicradio.net

Also, why not think about taking some of our programming on that
day? We're live from midnight to midnight, so perhaps you could use
a feed from us instead of your usual overnight sustaining service
or jukebox? Let me know if you're interested, and I'll organise a
128k stream which you can playout.

The overnight section is likely to include a "setting the scene"
show before midnight, with all sorts of traditional music. After
midnight, we have a 3-hour "Electric Celtic" session,  taking in
the best of Scottish Rock past and present.

So, we'll be playing Simple Minds, Bluebells, String Driven Thing,
Marillion, Silencers, Skids, Annie Lennox, Eurythmics, Aztec Camera,
Big Country and include Capercaillie, Croft No Five, Peatbog Fairies,
Del Amitri, Donnie Munro, Runrig, KT Tunstall, Laura McGhee, Peter
Nardini, Deacon Blue, Ricky Ross, Humblebums, Lazarenkos, Malkies,
and...anything else they can dig up!

>From 3-8, we'll focus on traditional music, with a "Glasgow Calling"
theme - with lots of ex-pat performers on the phone.

The rest of th 24-hour schedule is available on request.

So, if you broadcast traditional or scottish music, why not think
about contributing? Or even taking a feed!

Bruce.
--
Bruce Rodger
Celtic Music Radio