[cma-l] station play list software

Grant Francis grant.francis at encosystems.co.uk
Mon May 12 16:00:37 BST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I know cost is always the downfall of software in community radio, but
you will not beat the support and reliability of a buy out software
package. Just because it is community radio, the stability of your
broadcasts must match (and even better, due to the nature of the outfit)
that of commercial operations.

As a radio enthusiast myself, I find it frustrating to hear of so many
community stations suffering due to unreliable and complicated internet
applications when there are professional solutions available and in use
across the globe.

I can only speak on behalf of ENCO, but I am sure if you call any of the
professional automation suppliers they will all have "deals" for
community broadcasters that will afford you professional playout
solutions and software.

Have a look at the examples set by the public access radio stations in
the USA, although funded in a similar way to the UK, they nearly all use
professional solutions to back up their investment.

Grant Francis
Projects Director
ENCO Systems
01243 389222