[cma-l] Radio tutors required.

cma-l cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Mar 31 11:44:22 BST 2008

FWD.

From: andrew.wass at talk21.com

RADIO TUTOR(S) WANTED...

Are you an experienced radio skills tutor? Could you help us to prepare
groups of 10 young people from west London’s diverse communities to
broadcast on Desi Radio 1602am's programmes?

Go Desi is a new volunteer/skills project that is hosted by Desi Radio,
an established UK community radio station that attracts large audiences
to its programming.

Funding for a three year period means that we can offer flexibly
delivered skills to intakes of 10 young people aged between 16 and
25yrs, with those skills volunteers will be encouraged and supported to
turn their interests and ideas into compelling programming within the
output of Desi Radio 1602am.

They will need some key research, reporter, production and presentation
skills alongside encouragement to seek out topics and recognise stories,
develop listener interactivity, find and persuade guests, develop
tenacity in order to achieve their goals and have fun!

Many of the training units are in place and sessions will take place at
weekends and during the summer months in the evenings. We use Adobe
audition, Myriad and Edirol recorders in the training and on-air studios.

We want to hear from tutors who are practitioners willing to share their
experience and skills with young people from diverse backgrounds, in a
supportive, creative and professional manner.

Tutors will be paid at an hourly rate of £35.00 and will be engaged on a
freelance casual basis, an advanced CRB will be required.

If this sounds like you please do get in touch.

Please send your CV in the first instance with an outline of your
availability from April 2007 onwards to us at godesi at desiradio.org.uk

By April 7th 5pm.

Desi Radio is a project of The Panjabi Centre, which is a charity
(1065534) and a company limited by guarantee (3387854)

Andy Wass
Co-ordinator Go Desi