[cma-l] Ofcom publishes reasons for the award of four new community radio...

Community Media Association cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 12:30:58 GMT 2008

FWD Message:

From: P.M.Lewis at lse.ac.uk

I'd been meaning to say that, until a report is compiled, listers might
like to check out the report of London Metropolitan University's
September colloquium, 'Finding and Funding Voices' at:
www.communitymedia.eu

You are welcome to plunder any part of it to use in messages to MPs,
councillors etc, e.g. the letter to the Guardian at the front, the Exec
Summary, the conclusions etc.

In fact Salvatore Scifo and I have taken the recommendations as a
directive for future action on our part – gathering evidence-based data
is one part of it. We don’t have money (so we are applying for funding
from various sources) but we do have (some) time as part of our
university job.

So we stand ready to collaborate with the CMA, if asked, to help compile
a report.

Peter Lewis