[cma-l] BBC Local Video Public Value Test - Community broadcasters' response?

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:45:30 BST 2008

Dear all

The BBC Local proposal is now public and we need to know how it may
affect you as community broadcasters, both radio and TV, should it go
ahead.  Please take time to look both at the BBC information as below
and also at Ofcom's consultation re Market Impact Assessment.

Please could you let us know at the CMA what your response is as we
would like your views so we can formulate the sector response to the
proposals.  Deadline for responses is 21st July.

Initial thoughts are that it is a potential opportunity for the sector
(depending how the BBC operates in partnership!) but also a big threat,
particularly for local TV broadcasters and for all the sector's online
presence - what do you think?

Hoping to hear from you

Best wishes

Jaqui