[cma-l] Fwd: United Nations Youth Climate Change Project

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Jun 10 08:39:46 BST 2008

+++ Apologies for cross-posting +++

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Peace Child Media <media at peacechild.org>

To Whom It Concerns,

I am writing to you to request footage and to invite you to submit a
video to the United Nations Development Programme Youth Climate Change
Project. I am currently working with Peace Child International
(http://www.peacechild.org) and managing the video component of the
project. We are looking for video submissions from youth all over the
world. The UNDP/Peace Child Youth Video Climate Change Challenge is an
interactive competition that aims to inspire and educate young people
on the key messages of the 2007 Human Development Report - the United
Nations' most comprehensive analysis of current scientific, economic
and political thinking about the threat of catastrophic climate change
and how to avoid it. To see these key messages, click here:

http://www.quantumshift.tv/contests/11/15/

The contest invites young people aged 15-25 to make 30-150 second
videos that relate these key messages to their own lived experience of
climate change, their views about it and their actions and/or their
concerns about how the older generation have been, or should be,
reacting to the challenge of combating it.

Videos to Engage and Inspire the World:
The United Nations is made up of 193 member states - and young people
aged 15-25 in each of them are welcome to enter this contest. Even if
you do not own a Video Camera, or a computer, you can take part in the
contest. Click here for details:

http://www.quantumshift.tv/contests/11/16/

Prize:

An all expense trip paid to attend the World Youth Congress 2008 in
Quebec City, Quebec:

http://www.wyc2008.qc.ca/

The 4th World Youth Congress will bring 600 of the world's most
dynamic young activists in the field of sustainable development to
Quebec from 120 different countries.

If you have any questions regarding the project feel free to ask me
anything and I look forward to seeing submissions from you if time
allows.

Regards,

Adam MacIsaac,

Media Coordinator