[cma-l] Fwd: News From Felixstowe Radio

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jun 9 13:19:36 BST 2008

Fwd:

Press Release: Immediate

http://www.felixstoweradio.co.uk and http://www.canstream.co.uk/felixstowe

Sunday 14th June you can listen, at 11am, to the first edition of our
new radio soap 'Jewels of Suffolk' with Pearl and Ruby, lovely local
gossips.  They will be followed by Liz Burton and Eileen Aldous
talking about their differing roles in theatre and TV, as stage
manager and production designer.

Classical Ann follows at 1pm with a mixed collection of music, and at 2pm
Nigel takes Ann off to the movies for a three-hour special.

There's another new programme after that as Tina Morford presents the
first of her shows from Radio Woodbridge - from small acorns, and Tina
wants your help to run this new venture.

We are about to change our name to Media Fish to allow us to cover
East Suffolk, not just Felixstowe.

Hopefully we played a part in Nigel Lungley's new post at BBC Radio
Suffolk.  It's a trend we want to encourage, as community radio can
provide invaluable training. We wish him luck in his new career.

One last new innovation - we now have a podcast facility at
http://www.canstream.co.uk/felixstowe where you can listen to all the
programmes we produce (where we own the full copyright). You could use
this facility - we'll make your podcast with you,
load it to our site, and provide you with full links so it can be
played from your own web site - or downloaded to iPod, mp3 player or
even burnt to a CD. Talk to us - we are here to serve the community.

Felixstowe Radio CIC is a member of Social Enterprise Network Suffolk
(SENS) and its parent Social Enterprise East of England (SEEE), and
Suffolk Association of Voluntary Organisations (SAVO), and Ipswich
Alive and has applied to Cooperatives UK. It has received support from
Community Champions, Suffolk Acre and the EEDA Building Communities
Fund.  Sites are now open at:

http://www.aldeburghradio.co.uk
http://www.framradio.co.uk/
http://www.harwichradio.co.uk