[cma-l] Radio Festival blog

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 17:47:20 BST 2008

Quote:

"Finally, a couple of less so positive points; If you're going to have a
debate about 'localness in radio', please get people who actually
understand something about local radio on the panel! The GMG debate that
kicked the festival off was really quite terrible in the choice of
speakers and in the arguments that were presented. And without sounding
unkind, the Community Radio sector, valid as it is, seemed to be an
unnecessary distraction in the programme of sessions. I suggest that
there should be a separate day for community radio, as sitting though a
detailed analysis of why 'Celtic Music Radio' is such a success in
certain parts of Glasgow, made me want to stab myself repeatedly with my
cheap, disposable, 'delegate bag' pen."

http://nikgoodman.blogspot.com/2008/07/radio-festival-glasgow-2008-verdict.html

6.30pm - This House....Likes it Local
Chair: Sally Magnusson.

For the motion: Pat Loughrey, Director of BBC Nations & Regions.
Pat Kane, Media consultant and one half of Hue and Cry.
Stewart Lochhead, Chair, Leith FM.

Against the motion: Anvar Khan, author, broadcaster and journalist.
Robert Beveridge, lecturer, Napier University Edinburgh.
Peter Curran, writer and broadcaster.

<scratches head>

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527