[cma-l] Informal Adult Learning Strategy - community media's role

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Fri Dec 19 12:34:24 GMT 2008

Dear all

We are working with the Dept of Innovation, Universities & Skills to
contribute to the development of the IAL Strategy.  This strategy will
lay out the government's plans for informal adult learning in the 21st
century.  They are particularly interested in the impact of technology
(not just ICT) as an aid and as a barrier to learning.

They currently position the community media sector in the broadcaster
slot, which is OK, but they are now aware of how much more you do in the
informal adult learning field, as motivators, training providers and
sign-posters.

To strengthen what we are saying on your behalf, we would really like
some up to date evidence from you, in confidence of course:

1	Numbers trained per annum
2	Target groups/commmunities
3	Training undertaken - both informal and formal (split if possible
between basic/lifeskills, interpersonal and communications, ICT,
traditional media  and social media - and anything else you would like
to tell us about)
4	Trainees' pathways
5	What your organisation would need in the Informal Adult Learning
Strategy to enhance your offer

For more information on the development of the strategy, please visit:

http://www.dius.gov.uk/consultations/con_091008_informal_adult_learning.html

We will be producing a position statement for DIUS early in the New Year
and any assistance and information you can give us will be very welcome,

Best wishes

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities