[cma-l] Playout software

Richard Berry richard.berry at sunderland.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 14:16:04 GMT 2008

I'd also recommend Myriad as a long time user and trainer. It's
amazingly intuitive and I can teach a 10 year old how to use it in
about 10 minutes. It's that easy. The fact it will let you automate
from a schedule, a user built playlist or manually makes it very
flexible and the more you dig into it the more toys it has. It also
comes with free schedulers for music and promos/ads, which is very
useful! As Ian says it's not cheap but then what you get is both
impressive and fully functional and can grow as the station grows.

Richard

Richard Berry
Senior Lecturer in Radio
Programme Leader:
FdA Community Radio and BA Radio
Admissions Tutor
Faculty of Arts, Design and Media
The Media Centre, Sunderland
0191 515 2239
www.sunderland.ac.uk/radio
delicious.com/richardberry

The University of Sunderland is a Skillset Media Academy