[cma-l] Empowerment White Paper

Phil Korbel phil at radioregen.org
Wed Apr 23 13:48:56 BST 2008

to follow on from Helen's useful email

It is likely that there will be special mention in one of the White
Paper chapters for community media and the use of 'new technologies'
to encourage active citizenship and to promote local democracy.  DCLG
know that this isn't new but they want to encourage it and would like
to hear from you if you have stories of how it has worked for you.

Dont hold your breath for new money magically appearing, but the
higher profile and direction to local authorities that might flow
from the White Paper could be very useful to us all.

So it's really important that the whole sector chips in to feed in
their views and evidence into this White Paper process.

For more information please visit the CLG website
(http://tinyurl.com/6qnrpl), where you can read the White Paper
launch document (http://tinyurl.com/2gls9b).

Alternatively please email unlockingTalent at communities.gsi.gov.uk for
more information.