[cma-l] Ofcom's Public Service Broadcasting Review - you need to read and respond!

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Apr 10 13:31:38 BST 2008

Dear all

Please find below the link to Ofcom's Public Service Broadcasting
Review.  The deadline for responses is 19th June 2008.  We urge all of
you to respond to the document as it is important that we try to get
community media recognised as public service broadcasters, whether on
radio, television, the internet or all three!

Best wishes

Jaqui

Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

Ofcom today published its Public Service Broadcasting Review. The review
sets out alternative ways that public service broadcasting (PSB) can be
funded in the future.

The review covers all public service broadcasters, both publicly-owned
(the BBC, Channel 4 and S4C) and commercial (ITV1, five and Teletext).

The consultation can be found at:
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/psb2_1/

In addition to the formal consultation, Ofcom also launched today an
online blog for people to debate the issues in the review.

The blog site can be found at: http://ofcompsbreview.typepad.com

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities