[cma-l] Newspaper Licensing

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Oct 10 13:06:39 BST 2007

Fwd:

From: Karl Hartland <karl at 209radio.co.uk>

Just a point of interest that we discovered this week....

If you make copy, distribute or make facsimiles of any kind of local and
national newspapers (as we are planning for our newsdesk team here at
209- a database of local news stories to act as a resource in general
journalism) you will need to get yourself a licence from the Newspaper
Licensing Agency....

The rates are looking fairly steep and I've just been told that
discounts are only available for Registered Charities.....we are in
process of applying for a CC number but I think there may be a point for
lobbying here to get Ltd by Guarantee non-profit CM orgs to get that
discount too eh, what?

http://www.nla.co.uk

KH