[cma-l] oops - skills day details

Phil Korbel phil at radioregen.org
Wed Oct 10 11:33:02 BST 2007

- sorta would help - sorry

Phil

North West Community Radio Network Skills Day

   Getting the Money: Sustainable Revenue for Community Radio in
         the North West – Unlocking Public Service Delivery

                              10am-5pm
    MANCAT NTI, One Central Park, Northampton Road, Manchester,
                               M40 5BP
We reckon that you will already have a pretty good knowledge of grant

and commercial revenue generation so we thought that a focus on
public service delivery would be useful. The sessions will be
delivered
via a combination of skill-sharing, practical exercises and
presentations, with the focus remaining on achieving the most from
the NWCRN as a whole.   If the group feel that we should also look at

the other sorts of revenue, we can explore that for the next Skills
Day,
to be held 11th of February 2008.

Speakers/faciltators:
Phil Korbel, Director, Radio Regen
Jaqui Devereux, Acting Director, CMA
Alex Green, Station Manager, ALLFM
Anne-Marie Marshall, Project Manager, WFM

Agenda

10.00 am 	Arrival & refreshments

10.30 am 	Public Service Delivery: What are the Agencies targets?

11.30 am 	What is community radio doing to address these targets?

12.30 pm	Lunch

1.30 pm 	Developing our pitch for public service delivery

2.30 pm 	Pitching: Live action dummy pitches – the community radio
‘Dragons Den’

3.30 pm 	Coffee

4.00 pm 	Where next for the NWCRN?

5.00 pm	Close