[cma-l] sharing voices

stevensuttie at aol.com stevensuttie at aol.com
Fri Nov 30 15:04:45 GMT 2007

Hi

I am thinking of setting up a voice sharing database and wonder if you
might be interested in joining...or whether the CMA would be keen to
manage it?

I find that trying to produce professional sounding ads, voiced by our
volunteer base is difficult. Like all stations, we have 4 or 5 decent
sounding "advert" voices and I thought that we could develop a system of
sharing our voices around the community radio sector on a one for one basis!

This could generate more variety in the adverts, (how many of us have 5
different ads voiced by the same person, for example)...whilst limiting
the need for hiring a paid voice-over when the local solicitors ask for
something a bit more "professional".

I know that some believe that all production should be done "in-house"
but that isn't always easily achieved.

I'd be really interested to hear some thoughts on this possibility.

I currently have 6 presenters, and 5 professionals (who do freebies)
which limits my advert voices to 11.

Kindest Regards
Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City Radio
(office) 0161 793 2939 (Mobile) 07772 355852
*CHECK OUT* http://www.salfordcityradio.org/