[cma-l] Local online citizen engagement and media projects using open source tools

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Mon Nov 26 22:22:29 GMT 2007

I am compiling a short list of locally-focused citizen media
and online engagement projects (non-partisan, convening not strong
political advocacy) using _open source_ content management systems such
as Drupal, Plone, WordPress, MediaWiki, Joomla, GroupServer, and others.

Drop any sightings to:

     team at e-democracy.org

Cheers,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.Org

P.S. This information may be used in our round two Knight News Challenge
proposal called "Specify. Then Build." The list of sites will represent
the types of low budget citizen media/online engagement efforts we will
seek to help create very open specifications for modules/plug-ins to
then be built through competitive programming sprints for use with
multiple open source content management systems. More information:
http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/127