[cma-l] Sound FX and Beds

Tony Wilding tony33hill at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 3 17:26:37 GMT 2007

You may need to check usage rates of freeplay, the last time I used some of
the material it cost 150 dollars per item..

Sounddogs is considerable cheaper, there are many other such sites. However
the catch always is to pay per download.

Anyway these are the sites/discs I use (other than the V Library):

http://www.radiotoolkit.com/ www radiotoolkit com

£15 per disc

All 7 discs available as buyout to community stations for £90

For free stuff  (you will need to send prs/mcps returns), the royalty fee
then drawn from your station licences (no additional cost to you) email
Chris at definitiveproductions.co.uk

He has some stuff for download but I cannot remember where.

Another free download site is:http://www.shortiesmusic.com/

Again PRS returns are due - you can buy the dvd £45 to media professionals
only, but try anyway.

You could buy Audition 2 this comes packed with samples and beds to use for
free. (make your own too from the included bits).

Best price I have for an educational licence (which includes discs) is here:
http://www.pugh.co.uk/

If the link is stripped in the post its www pugh co uk

Finally I could put some together for you but they will again need prs
returns (as they use the radio toolkit cd's)

The V/o for them can be recorded by some-one you already use or from my pool
of talent. (moderate charge for this).

Kind regards Tony

p.s Some of the computer music mags have free stuff you can try.

p.p.s here is a demo of the current male voice I use (works in IE only) .
http://rugbyhospitalradio.org/imaging