[cma-l] Fwd: NCVO Third Sector Foresight FREE seminar on the future of citizenship - London, 17th January 2008

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Dec 12 10:48:04 GMT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: foresight <foresight at ncvo-vol.org.uk>

Dear NCVO Foresight Network member,

We are pleased to invite you to the next in our popular series of NCVO
Third Sector Foresight seminars. Our next FREE seminar on the 17th
January will explore how changing notions and behaviours of
citizenship may affect your organisation in the future.

Come and hear presentations from the Henley Centre Headlight Vision
and Changemakers about the future of citizenship and discuss what this
might mean for the voluntary and community sector and your
organisation.

The future of citizenship

Thursday 17 January 2008
NCVO, London
2.30 - 5pm

The ways in which people are engaging with both the state and with
each other are changing as ideas about what it means to be a 'citizen'
shift. This will have implications for the health of democracy (and
the role of the voluntary and community sector in the democratic
sphere), the delivery of public services, attitudes towards
volunteering and the quality of life in Britain. Voluntary and
community organisations will need to respond to these political and
social changes.

The seminar will feature presentations from:

* Michelle Harrison (Henley Centre Headlight Vision) who will
introduce the key drivers affecting how notions, definitions and
behaviours of citizenship in the UK might evolve in the future, and
four scenarios for citizenship in 2026.

* Michael Evans (Changemakers) will reflect on how voluntary and
community sector organisations could respond to these social and
political changes.

The focus of the seminar will be on small group discussions during
which our experienced facilitator Caroline Copeman (Centre for Charity
Effectiveness at Cass Business School) author of Tools for Tomorrow
and many other Third Sector Foresight strategic toolkits will help you
to explore implications and practical responses for your organisation.

More information: http://www.ncvo-vol.org.uk/futureofcitizenship

NCVO Third Sector Foresight seminar series

The aim of NCVO Third Sector Foresight seminars is to provide
delegates with time and space away from the daily pressures of running
their organisation to think in depth about how complex external trends
may impact on their organisation in the future. They also aim to bring
together a wide range of people who are thinking about the future of
their organisation in order to generate lively debate, share ideas and
give delegates the chance to meet and discuss strategic issues with
their peers.

Limited places

Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served
basis. If the seminar is fully booked, we may request that only one
representative attend per organisation.

NCVO Third Sector Foresight seminars are always oversubscribed - you
will be charged £20 if you do not give us 3 days notice if you do not
wish to attend or send a substitute.

Book a place now

For further details or to book a place, please contact Natalie
Williams by email at: foresight at ncvo-vol.org.uk or on 020 7520 2578.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Third Sector Foresight

NCVO, Regent's Wharf, 8 All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL
Direct Line: 020 7520 2578, Fax: 020 7713 5635
NCVO Tel:  020 7713 6161, HelpDesk: 0800 2798798

Website: http://www.ncvo-vol.org.uk/
Charity Registration: 225922

NCVO Third Sector Foresight helps voluntary and community
organisations to plan effectively for the future by providing
information on trends affecting the sector and planning guidance to
deal with these. For more information, visit
http://www.ncvo-vol.org.uk/3s4

Become a member of our new interactive website at
http://www.3s4.org.uk. The site offers a searchable online database of
trends affecting the VCS and places to discuss their impact with
others members.