[cma-l] DDR and local television‏

Chris Booth chris_booth at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Dec 5 23:53:37 GMT 2007

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your response.  On this issue I have the Gramscian position:
pessimism of the intellect, optimism of the will.  I will continue to argue
and lobby for local television but having done so for the last four years I
don't think it will happen.  If this is "defeatism", so be it.  I don't see
anything in your latest letter to change my views; if anything the evidence
you cite merely undermines your position, I would have thought.  I answered
your initial remarks because I wasn't sure what you knew about the issue.
It's now clear that you are involved in lobbying for LCTV and are informed
about the matter, though you equally clearly take a diametrically opposite
view to mine on the good faith and wisdom of those in government and
bureaucracy whom we need to persuade, and I am happy to leave it at that
since I don't claim omniscience and an ability to tell the future.   The
best piece of news in the last year for LCTV was the support for the Early
Day Motion; that gives me hope that the issue can still be resolved in our
favour.

Best wishes to you and all who read this,

Chris Booth.

It has removed 352 spam emails to date.