[cma-l] Libel insurance for radio stations

Julian Mellor julian at 10radio.org
Fri Aug 17 10:19:24 BST 2007

Hi all

While budgeting and gradually working towards
launching full time onto a suspecting public next
January, the big issue of insurance has raised
its (ugly) head.

I've seen the discussion on this list from last
April, but was wondering if other stations also
get cover for libel?   And/or do you get
presenters (all of ours will be volunteers) to
indemnify you against what they might say on air?

Cost indications for PLI, ELI and property cover
have come in at c.£1800 - which brought tears to
my eyes.  What do others pay?

Thanking you in advance

Julian

PS  And thanks to everyone who gave help in July
with child protection policies.  We eventually
managed to  craft one that fits on one page and
it proved sufficient for a youth focused funder.
Let me know if you want a copy.

10Radio: community radio for the 10 parishes
http://www.10radio.org
Wiveliscombe House
The Square
Wiveliscombe
Somerset
TA4 2JT

10Radio CIC Registered Office: 16 Silver St, Wiveliscombe, Somerset, TA4 2PA
Registered in England and Wales Number: 6004252